– By Dilip Barot, Founder, Creative Choice Group
Situated about six miles south of West Palm Beach is Singer Island, which is not really an island but a peninsula. Singer Island is just as alluring as its name implies and offers residents and guests alike plenty to do, see and enjoy. In this treasure of a town, you will find small boutiques and luxury hotels, day spas and wellness retreats, culture, history, and museums. Keep reading to learn more about 10 of the most alluring, intriguing, and impressive features you’ll find on Singer Island.
1) The Location : Situated on a peninsula in the south of Florida, it’s hard to go wrong with this location. On one side of the peninsula, guests and residents can enjoy the calm and safe waters of the Intracoastal waters, while on the other, they can take in the view of the crystal blue yet tumultuous waters of the Atlantic. The shoreline is lined with stretches of white sandy beaches, and the climate is perfect for year-round sunbathing, swimming and surfing. Because it’s located just 15 minutes from West Palm Beach, residents don’t have to go far for big-city conveniences.
2) The Weather : Again, because of its location in the south of Florida, Singer Island enjoys moderate temperatures year-round. Though most people think of hot, humid weather when they think of Florida, in Singer Island, the warm Gulfstream waters and balmy breezes from the Atlantic combine to provide ideal temperatures without the humidity. Residents and guests enjoy temperatures in the upper-80s in the summertime, while wintertime brings cooler temperatures that hover between the 60s and mid-70s.
3) The Great Outdoors : Because of its beachside location and ideal climate, Singer Island has no shortage of outdoor activities in which residents and guests can partake. From some of the best beaches in Florida to the lower 48’s second largest freshwater lake, Singer Island is home to bodies of water in which residents can fish, swim, surf, scuba dive and get up close and personal with nature. It’s also home to the world’s third largest barrier reef system in the Atlantic Ocean and the Florida Everglades, which offer a unique opportunity for individuals to explore the exotic wildlife and fauna that Southern Florida has to offer.
4) Spas : Though nature is undoubtedly Singer Island’s best asset, the spas in the location come in a close second. Singer Island is home to some of the most exclusive spas and resorts in all of Florida, with Amrit Ocean Resort and Residences being one of the best. Amrit offers several gourmet restaurants, a private pool, 24-hour valet service, and a beachfront oasis. Its spa packages include much more than the standard facials, nail services and massage therapy (though they include that, too). At Amrit’s spa, guests are privy to a wellness approach that is supported by the time-honored science of the Eight Limbs of Patanjali Yoga, which is designed to help people achieve congruity in all areas of their lives. Amrit’s spa focuses on the five pillars of wellness, which are Mindfulness, Relaxation, Nutrition, Fitness, and Sleep.
5) Low Maintenance Lifestyle : The residents of Singer Island realize there’s no point in living in a paradise like an island if they can’t enjoy its features to the fullest. For this reason, many residents choose to live in condos or in residences such as the ones Amrit offers. The condo lifestyle is a carefree one and one not burdened by the everyday chores of maintaining a home. Everything from yard maintenance to landscaping to home repairs is taken care of by a qualified maintenance technician upon request. Amrit residents also enjoy access to the spa, pool, farm-to-table dining, private fitness center, 24-hour security, and much more.
6) The Boutique Feeling : One of the best things about Singer Island is the fact that most of the stores are boutique style and owned by small, local business owners. The same is true of the restaurants and many service offerings. When you live in Singer Island and purchase your goods from any one of the local businesses, you’re supporting Small Business America and bettering the community.
7) Recreation : When you live in Singer Island, you’ll discover that you have more energy and are capable of doing more. This is because the community has hundreds of recreational activities in which you’ll want to participate. Whether you enjoy solitary activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving or you prefer team sports such as baseball, tennis, and golf, there’s a little something to do for everyone in Singer Island. If you prefer shopping, the island has it. Do you enjoy observing nature? Do it at Singer Island.
8) Fun Events : In some parts of the country, festivals and events only take place once the snow melts, the rain stops, and the weather turns warm. However, because it’s nice year-round in Singer Island, the community hosts events and festivals almost all year long. Celebrate wine, wildlife preservation, live music, equestrian life, art, antiques, and more at one of the many festivals in the community.
9) History : Like most of the East Coast, Singer Island is full of historical landmarks and museums. Take a walk down to Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum to check out the light that has been shining since 1860. Visit the home of the Second Seminole Battle of 1838 at Riverbend Park. You should also pay homage to the barefoot mailman, a marker that celebrates the mail carriers of yore who used to deliver mail by foot in the 1880s.
10) Refined Culture : Though the culture in Singer Island is relaxed and down-to-earth, it is also upscale and refined. If you want to surround yourself with people who appreciate the finer things in life but who also truly appreciate what they have, visit Singer Island.